24 September 2014
21 September 2014
17 September 2014
- According to opinion polls, how will young people vote at the referendum on Scottish independence?
- Do you think it is a good thing that youth are allowed to take part in the independence referendum?
- Would YOU choose YES or NO at the Thursday 18 September referendum?
16 September 2014
- What is the UN Secretary General's message for International Day of Peace 2014?
- How many conflicts are there in the world and where are they most numerous?
- Which conflict worries you the most and why?
- What will you and your family and friends do to mark International Day of Peace?
- What, for you, is a strong symbol of peace?
Time Square NYC...
> It's European Mobility Week!
- How much do you like your family car(s)?!
- How often is it used and for what reasons?
- List the advantages and inconveniences of a family car.
- Could you and the members of your family use alternative means of transport?
- Would your family make savings by using public transport rather than a car?
- List the pluses and minuses of your town being permanently car free.
- Design a poster to convince your classmates to use their bicycles more often.
- Translate into French the following text explaining the advantages of a car free day:
> new words & phrases
> facts & figures!
11 September 2014
- Describe in detail the photo above (the man and his surroundings as well as the tattoo) and give it a title.
- Describe your feelings when looking at this picture (would the feelings of an American be the same as yours do you think?).
- List questions you would like to put to the photographer about the photo he has taken.
- Imagine the internal monologue of the tattooed man in the situation above.
- Ask someone who remembers 9/11 where they were, with whom, and what they were doing at the time they heard the news of the terrorist attacks on NYC and Washington.
- Send a short "comment" to this blog post stating what you think of the 9/11 MEMORIAL.
3 September 2014
- Describe the painting and give it a possible title.
- What was the artist’s purpose in painting this work do you think?
- How does it illustrate the title of this post?
- Where is Ukraine (list its neighbors)?
- When did the political crisis in Ukraine start and why?
- What is “the West”?
- Define “weak” and “decadent”.
- What is John McCaine’s job?
- Is he Democrat or Republican?
- How influential is John McCaine?
- Define what “Putin’s Orwellian universe” means, as mentioned by McCaine on his website.
- What does McCaine feel should be done about Ukraine?
- Could McCaine have accused the West of being “weak” and “decadent”?
- What is NATO?
- Who is the Secretary General of NATO and what does he do?
- Could the Secretary General of NATO have accused the West of being “weak” and “decadent”?
- According to his personal website, what kind of person is Vladimir Putin?
- Could Putin have accused the West of being “weak” and “decadent”?
- Who did accuse the West of being “weak” and “decadent”?
- Do you share the Ukrainian ambassador’s opinion on the West’s attitude to events in his country?
DO NOT FORGET TO LIST & LEARN:
> NEW WORDS & PHRASES!
> FACTS & FIGURES!